Have you ever wondered what you can do with your expired coupons, so you don’t have to just throw them away? Well, our military families that are stationed overseas can use expired coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
So, you might be asking…”how do I send my coupons overseas?” or…”why did you choose this base?” Well, we have adopted 2 military bases in Italy, and Army and Air Force Base.
We chose the Army base, because my father-in-law was stationed there while in the Army. My brother-in-law is Active in the Coast Guard right now and they are stationed in Alaska, however, they aren’t considered overseas, so they can’t use expired coupons, so this was the next best thing!! The Air Force base is a friend of a friend that said they would love to have coupons sent their way! As many of you know, I also work for the Department of Veterans Affairs, so I serve those who have served our nation, everyday and what an honor it is. Those in the military have a special place in my heart and this is just another way to give back!
I’m sure many of you have a family member that is currently in the military or or you know someone who is, and knowing that we can help support them in a tangible way is just awesome!! So, please don’t throw away your expired coupons!!
If you would like to contribute to this cause, then please send your expired coupons to:
Stretching Your Budget
147 Hicks Road
Lexington, NC, 27295
Attn: Coupons for Troops
3730 University Parkway
Winston Salem, NC 27106
Here’s a few things to know before you send them:
- Please try not to send coupons that have been expired for more than 2-3 months. Even though they can use them for 6 months past their expiration date, it takes a while to ship and get them distributed.
- We prefer that coupons be cut before you send them to us. If you absolutely cannot, then please send them on and we will find volunteers to help us cut and sort them.
- Separate your coupons by food and non-food categories. (Basically anything you can’t eat put in non-food)!!
- Put all of the food coupons in one ziploc bag and the non-food coupons in another and label the outside of the bag
- If you would love to help us out, please add the dollar amount of each bag your sending. So, if your food coupons added up to $600 then just write that on the bag. We will keep a running total of what all is sent overseas throughout the year! (Note: this is not mandatory, just something that would help us out)!
- You can send any type of manufacturer coupons: printables, Sunday inserts, home mailers, etc. Please just don’t send Store specific coupons.
If you have any questions regarding this project feel free to email me at email@example.com. In the subject line enter: Coupons for Troops! Thank you in advance for all your help! If you would like to donate monetary donations we will accept donations through PayPal. Please email me for me details.
Month 1: October
We collected, sorted, and packaged $22,036.52 worth of coupons!Pin It