As a working mom of two little ones, our families schedules can be a little crazy at times. So, we are constantly looking for quick and easy meal ideas for dinner. It’s very important to us that we all sit down and eat dinner together as a family, so freeing up my time in the kitchen gives me more time with my family!
When I got the chance to try Weaver Chicken products, I was excited to find out they had Fun Nuggets! With picky eaters, fun-shaped chicken nuggets often entice my kids to eat better. I fixed the nuggets with mac & cheese and it was a hit! They were crispy and the kids loved comparing their shapes with each other! The best part is they’re ready to eat in just 10 minutes! How awesome is that?
A little history on Weaver Chicken Company…
Weaver Chicken Company was started in 1937 near Philadelphia by Victor Weaver. The company quickly grew and the products are still being processed in the same plant today! Weaver Chicken is a part of Tyson Foods.
Here’s a few family fun activities you can try with your family, provided by Professional chef, author and mother-of-two, Maureen Petrosky (www.maureenpetrosky.com).
· Dine-in together. Just because you don’t have time to create a meal from scratch, doesn’t mean you can’t put something on the table that’s wholesome and delicious. Keep it simple and serve chicken nuggets alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the bakery.
· Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
· Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
· Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
· Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
So, if you would like to win free chicken for a month, then enter these few steps below!
- You must be 18 years old to enter.
- You must do at minimum the mandatory entry to be eligible.
- You must enter by 1/13/12 at midnight EST.
- Leave a comment telling me you’re most creative family dinner activities.
Additional Entries (leave a comment for each entry)
- Like Stretching Your Budget on Facebook
- Follow Stretching Your Budget on Twitter
- Subscribe by email so you don’t miss any of our great deals
- Tweet about this giveaway (leave the permalink-once you submit you’re tweet right-click on the time and open in a new tab, then copy the link and paste it here)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (follow directions above)
Disclosure: This post was written by me with my own opinions. I received no compensation for this review. However, I did receive Weaver chicken products to review and giveaway.Pin It